Tuesday, September 29, 2009

#TravelTuesday - Here's a new feature of the blog and I need your help....





...one of the best parts of my life has been the incredbile opportunities I have had to travel. Work, play, and adventure have taken me to many corners of the planet. So, what do you say we share travel related stories, questions, and comments as they relate to personal growth, relationships or, just for fun. When you think about it, travel is an important part of our relationship life. No better way to get to know someone than to travel with them; no better way to get to know yourself. So...I'll share mine and you share yours. If the image or place visited has meaning to you...If you would like to visit the country or area..If you have a story of lost or found love...use the comment option below or email to share. I'm hoping we can build this into a regular feature over at my web site.

     So, here's the first...Ayers Rock in Australia. The rock itself is said to be one of the oldest in the world and it is an astonishing view of a land mass just plopped down in the middle of otherwise flat lands. My wife, daughter and I flew around this rock on a privately owned DC 9 - that's like a 100 passenger airplane that had been configured for 16 passengers by a wealthy dude from the Middle East. My former employer bought the plane and we flew around this rock so close you could reach out and touch it. Amazing. So, do you have a story, thought, desire to visit, love of the "Down Under?" Here we go...once a week on Travel Tuesday! (see my #TravelTuesday tweets on Twitter). Almost forgot...interestingly enough, I was involved in an emergency landing of a NorthWest Air DC 9 with 109 passengers in 1989. The plane lost all power and was set down at a private runway too small for the aircraft causing it to come to a stop in a dirt field tilted on its side with the passengers exiting by jumping out of the tail cone...YIKES! God and I had an intimate conversation that evening,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment...with your help and feedback I will best maintain useful, interesting and thought-provoking content
Michael